|Tabitha Raised from the Dead by Saint Peter; Image via Wikimedia Commons|
The readings for Sunday, April 21 include John 10:22-30 and Acts 9:36-43. Take a few moments to meditate on the gospel reading. Then reflect upon the following:
- Those who question Jesus do not belong to him. Why?
- What sort of connection do you imagine exists between a shepherd and his sheep?
- Jesus says, "My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand." What does these words mean to you in your own spiritual journey?
- Is this "the same Peter" who denied Jesus three times? How is he different?
- Who is Tabitha (or Dorcas)?
- What sort of impact has she had on the community in her life?
- What impact does her being brought back to life have on the community?