Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blogging toward Sunday

Tabitha Raised from the Dead by Saint Peter; Image via Wikimedia Commons


The readings for Sunday, April 21 include John 10:22-30 and Acts 9:36-43.  Take a few moments to meditate on the gospel reading. Then reflect upon the following:
  1. Those who question Jesus do not belong to him. Why?
  2. What sort of connection do you imagine exists between a shepherd and his sheep?
  3. Jesus says, "My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand." What does these words mean to you in your own spiritual journey?
Now read through the passage from Acts at least twice. Then consider:
  1. Is this "the same Peter" who denied Jesus three times? How is he different?
  2. Who is Tabitha (or Dorcas)?
  3. What sort of impact has she had on the community in her life?
  4. What impact does her being brought back to life have on the community?
I pray you are having a blessed week filled with opportunities to be a blessing to others. As always, I look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday morning.

Shalom,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment