This Sunday we gather to worship God with our 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration. In order to prepare for worship, read Psalm 148 and Acts 11:1-18. Then consider the following:
- In the psalm, who or what is called to praise God?
- Take a moment to read Psalm 148 again but this time do so out loud. How does reading this psalm aloud make you feel?
- In the reading from Acts, who are the key players?
- What does God use to teach Peter an important lesson?
- For whom is the lesson, ultimately?
In my readings this week, I happened upon a poem written by Namkhai Norbu. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Animals as Teachers
As a bee seeks nectar
from all kinds of flowers,
seek teachings everywhere;
like a deer that finds
a quiet place to graze,
seek seclusion to digest
all you have gathered.
Like a madman
beyond all limits,
go wherever you please,
and live like a lion,
completely free of all fear.
As you continue through the week, be in prayer for all of God's people and all of God's creatures throughout the lands. In addition, give thanks for those creatures that bring you joy, especially your pets.