|Google Image used by permission via Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD|
In preparation for worship read Isaiah 9:1-4 and reflect on the following:
- What promises do you find in this text?
- How is light used as a metaphor?
- What nations/lands are named?
- What does Jesus mean when he calls his followers to be "fishers of people"?
- What must I leave behind to be a faithful disciple of Jesus?
God, our light and our salvation,
Jesus announced the nearness of your kingdom
and called his disciples to be fishers of women and men.
Give us courage to follow in the way of Jesus,
that our lives may bear witness to the good news of the
kingdom at hand
and our vocation serve to draw people to your salvation;
through your Son, Jesus Christ, in the power of
the Holy Spirit. Amen.
May the Lord bless you and those you love this week. I look forward to seeing you face to face on Sunday and joining you in worship of our Gracious and Holy God.