Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blogging toward Sunday

John the Baptist; Image via Wikimedia Commons
Our Scripture readings for Sunday include Isaiah 49:1-7 and John 1:29-42. In the gospel reading John the Baptist testifies about Jesus, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it remained on [Jesus]. I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' And I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God." Afterward, two of John's disciples leave in order to follow Jesus. 

Take time to read through the passage from John at least twice. Then consider the following:
  1. How do you imagine the person, John the Baptist?
  2. What was John's calling?
  3. Did he fulfill it?
  4. Finally, what is your calling and how are you fulfilling it?
As always, I look forward to worshiping with you Sunday.

Shalom,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment