Readings for Sunday, January 27 include Nehemiah 8:1-3, 5-6, 8-10 and Luke 4:14-21.
|Image via Wikimedia Commons|
It is helpful to remember that the text from Nehemiah comes during the time of the rebuilding of the Second Temple wall. Herein, Ezra summons the people to a reading of the law. Read the passage carefully; then consider the following:
- Who is present at this gathering?
- How long is the reading?
- What is the response of the people to the reading of their Holy Scriptures?
- What instruction do Nehemiah and Ezra give to the people?
- How is Jesus empowered?
- Is Jesus already well-known?
- Why is Nazareth significant for Jesus?
- What day of the week is it?
- What is Jesus' routine or custom on this day?
I pray your journey toward Sunday will be blessed with good things...things that will enrich your life...things you may use to enrich the lives of others.