|Image via Wikimedia Commons|
In preparation for our time together, read Isaiah 43:1-7 and consider the following:
- To whom is this text addressed?
- What is the promise made?
- What parts of creation are named here?
- In what way does water play a role?
- How does Luke's account differ from the other gospels?
- How does John the Baptist respond to the people's admiration of him?
- Who is being baptized?
- Why do you think Jesus is baptized?
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, who stood on the river bank uphold you.
May the love of God, who calls us beloved children, bless you.
May the power of the Holy Spirit, who descended upon Jesus as a dove, give you peace. Amen.
As always, I look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday.