Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blogging toward Sunday

The gospel reading for Sunday, August 12th is John 6:35, 41-51.

In this reading from John, the theme of Jesus as the "Bread of Life" continues. Why do the Judeans complain about Jesus? What do they think they know about him that would exclude him from being what/whom he claims to be? As you journey toward Sunday, meditate on the gospel reading a few moments each day. 

In addition, may your journey be enriched by the following poem written by Rev. Ken Rookes:

I am the bread,
the bread of living;
come to me.
I have God’s word for you,
food for your heart.
It is a word of joy and of freedom,
surprising in generosity,
intense and glowing.
It tells of peace in the midst of turbulent times,
defiant love in the midst of fear,
hope, when darkness abounds.
This is the word that will answer your hunger,
and confound  your emptiness.
I am the bread of life;
in me the journey begins and ends
and finds its shape.
In me you will discover yourself;
you will also find true community
and the friendship of God.
Sing, rejoice, dance and weep:
I am the bread:
the bread of living;
come to me.

As always, I look forward to seeing you in worship Sunday morning. 
Shalom, Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment