Monday, March 18, 2013

Blogging toward Sunday

This Sunday we celebrate Palm Sunday with the Easter Cantata. 
I hope you enjoy the following poem by G.K. Chesterson on your journey toward Sunday. 

Icon via Google Images

The Donkey

When fishes flew and forests walked

And figs grew upon thorn,

Some moment when the moon was blood

Then surely I was born;

With monstrous head and sickening cry

And ears like errant wings,

The devil’s walking parody

On all four-footed things.

The tattered outlaw of the earth,

Of ancient crooked will;

Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,

I keep my secret still.

Fools! For I also had my hour;

One far fierce hour and sweet:

There was a shout about my ears,

And palms before my feet.

As always I look forward to being with you during worship. 
Shalom,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment