Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blogging toward Sunday

Image of Mary Anointing; Wikimedia Commons

The Gospel reading for Sunday comes from John 12:1-8. Take some time to read and meditate upon the story of Mary anointing Jesus. What interests you most about this story? What might you learn from Mary's extravagant love for Jesus?

May the following poem written by Shirley Erena Murray give you food for thought as you journey toward Sunday.

Let me love you
Take my gifts and let me love you,
God who first of all loved me,
Gave me light and food and shelter,
gave me life and set me free,
Now because your love has touched me,
I have love to give away,
now the bread of love is rising,
Loaves of love to multiply!

Take the fruit that I have gathered
from the tree your Spirit sowed,
harvest of your own compassion,
juice that makes the wine of God,
Spiced with humor, laced with laughter--
flavor of the Jesus life,
tang of risk and new adventure
taste and zest beyond belief.

Take whatever I can offer--
gifts that I have yet to find
skills that I am slow to sharpen,
talents of the hands and mind,
things made beautiful for others
in the place where I must be:
take my gifts and let me love you,
God who first of all loved me.

As always, I look forward to seeing you in worship. May the Lord bless you and those you love this week.
Shalom,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment