|Sea of Galilee|
Our summer sermon series, "Questions Jesus Asked” is underway. In the coming weeks in preparation for worship, take some time to read the text/s and reflect on the statements or questions that are posed. Then, let us gather to sing, to pray, and to listen for the still, small voice of our Gracious and Holy God.
July 6: Which is easier?
Read Mark 2:1-12.
1. Now read the text again but this time try to “see” the setting in which this occurs. How do you imagine the scene?
2. What did Jesus perceive in his spirit?
3. How does Jesus refer to himself?
July 13: Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?
Read Mark 4:35-41.
1. How do the disciples respond to the raging storm?
2. How does Jesus respond?
3. What message does this text hold for you personally at this time in your life?
July 20: Can you see anything?
Read Mark 8:22-26.
1. What makes this healing story different from others?
2. Has the man always been blind? How do you know?
3. What is Jesus’ final instruction to the man?
July 27: Are you not of more value?
Read Matthew 6:25-34 three times using the spiritual practice of lectio divina. Pause for a moment or two after each reading to prayerfully listen. Then consider the following:
1. What is the message Jesus is trying to share with the people?
2. What word does Jesus have for you today?
3. How might his words strengthen you on your spiritual journey?
As always I look forward to our time of worship each Sunday. Come along---and bring a friend!