Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blogging toward Sunday


Lazarus; via Wikimedia Commons
In preparation for worship, spend some time with Luke 16:19-31, which is the telling of the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Read through the text a couple of times and then consider:
  1. What strikes you as most important about this parable? 
  2. One of the themes throughout the Gospel of Luke is the great reversal. How is that played out here?
  3. In the story, who is given a name? Who isn't?
The following was written by Helder Camara:
I used to think when I was a child that Christ might have been exaggerating when he warned about the danger of wealth. Today I know better. I know how very hard it is to be rich and still keep the milk of human kindness. Money has a dangerous way of putting scales on ones' eyes, a dangerous way of freezing people's hands, eyes, lips, and hearts.

As always, I look forward to worshiping with you. Also, I pray you enjoy this beautiful weather on your journey toward Sunday.

Blessings,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment