Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blogging toward Sunday

The Apostle Paul by Rembrandt; via Wikimedia Commons
In preparation for worship read Galatians 2:11-21. Actually, verses 11-14 are not included in the Lectionary texts for Sunday, but including them will help you better understand the "big picture." As you reflect on the reading, consider the following:
  1. What is the issue between Paul and Peter?
  2. How does Paul react?
  3. Regarding verses 15-21, what is Paul's argument?
  4. What strikes you as most interesting about this passage of Scripture?
During my study of Galatians 2:15-21, the sentence that jumps out for me is found in verse 20: "It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me." As you journey toward Sunday, ponder this one question: "How does my life demonstrate that Christ lives in me?"
Blessings,
Glenda

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, the recurring conundrum of the "omitted verses". At least once I made a whole sermon out of "The parts they didn't include in today's lection." And I have frequently said -- "you have homework -- this afternoon I want you to read the next six verses," or "the preceding chapter" etc. -- "and it will all be much clearer." And sometimes -- people even did so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I truly enjoy preaching from the Lectionary, but from time to time, the omitted texts leave me pondering! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete