Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blogging toward Sunday

The Lectionary Readings for Easter Sunday include Acts 10:34-43 and Mark 16:1-8.

We are in the midst of Holy Week. I hope that you are able to attend one or more of the services we have planned for the week: Maundy Thursday & Tenebrae Service on Thursday at 7:30 p.m., the Celtic Worship Service on Saturday at 5 p.m. (Harpist, Louise Daniel, will be joining us for this service) and, of course, Easter Worship, Sunday morning at 11:00. This Easter is particularly special in the life of our church because during worship we will have a Profession of Faith by our Confirmation candidate, a Reaffirmation of Faith by two adults, the Baptism of their three children, and we will celebrate Communion at the Table of our Lord. It is sure to be a wonderful Resurrection Day!

As you journey toward Sunday, I offer you the following poem written by Joyce Rupp. 

"Awaken Me"

Risen One,
come, meet me
in the garden of my life.

Lure me into elation.
Revive my silent hope.
Coax my dormant dreams.
Raise up my neglected gratitude.
Entice my tired enthusiasm.
Give life to my faltering relationships.
Roll back the stone of my indifference.
Unwrap the deadness in my spiritual life.
Impart heartiness in my work.

Risen One,
send me forth as a disciple of your unwavering love,
a messenger 
of your unlimited joy.

Resurrected One,
may I become
ever more convinced
that your presence lives on,
and on, and on,
and on.

Awaken me!
Awaken me!

Blessings on your Holy Week. I look forward to worshiping with you and celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ, this Easter morn.

Shalom,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment